According to the World Health Organization (WHO), bruising after a blood draw typically heals quickly. However, if the bruise is large, it may take 2–3 weeks to fade and disappear.
A person should call their doctor if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- the hand becoming discolored
- numbness or tingling in the arm or hand that does not go away within a few hours
- worsening redness and inflammation at the puncture site
- severe pain at the puncture site
- swelling that worsens instead of improving
If a person is unsure whether their symptoms are typical, they should call a doctor or seek medical attention.
Source Article from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/327464.php